The need to increase grid resiliency and reliability -- as well as the desire to integrate sustainable energy resources and extend access to basic energy services -- is driving interest in Microgrids around the world. Commercial and industrial end users, off-grid and remote communities, and those with special needs for highly reliable, highly secure energy sources are looking to Microgrids as a critical tool for enhancing the performance of the electric grid. Yet questions and challenges remain for stakeholders across the spectrum:
The Microgrid Global Summit 2015 brings together experts from Industry, Government, and Academia from around the world to examine these issues and share critical, cutting edge information about real-world, on-the-ground Microgrid deployments that are pushing the envelope of energy reliability, quality, and accessibility in the following two tracks:
A central priority of the Summit is to carefully examine actual deployments of Commercial and Industrial end user Microgrids as well as grid-tied, utility-distribution systems, zeroing in on key take-aways and lessons learned. The goal is to bring together investor-owned, co-op, and municipal utilities to focus on where "the rubber meets the road" when it comes to actually designing and implementing Microgrids.
Where the Rubber Meets the Road
January 30, 2015
What Makes This a Must-Attend Event?
- International Constituency: This unique program brings together peers from around the world to share insights regarding best practices and lessons learned in a true global forum.
- Clarifying the Business Case: A key priority is to assist utilities as well as commercial and industrial stakeholders to refine the business case for Microgrid systems and thereby ensure acceptable profitability and ROI.
- Key Stakeholder Participation: The Summit gathers leading regulatory and utility executives from a range of key industry organizations to discuss the Microgrid potential and map directions forward.
- Rural, Co-op, Municipal, and Remote Microgrids: Special attention is devoted to utilities that are pushing the envelope in rural, off-grid, island and remote environments.
- Use Cases: Each seminar session is focused on analyzing specific Microgrid case studies from a wide variety of deployment scenarios.
- Policy Debates: Regulatory and policy leaders will discuss what can and should be done to maximize the value of Microgrids for all stakeholders.
- Balanced, Non-Commercial, and Cutting-Edge: Attendees benefit from the work of the Program Advisory Group in carefully selecting thought leaders who can help you refine and advance your Microgrid strategy.
- Dynamic Format:In-depth presentations, tabletop / poster exhibitions, and lively discussion panels offer a stimulating variety of information sharing opportunities.
- Networking: The Summit allows for a number of networking opportunities at meals, breaks, and a reception in which to meet one-on-one with customers and colleagues who are shaping the Microgrid future.
The Global Summit is intended for professionals at utility organizations of all varieties who wish to meet the Microgrid opportunity head-on. This includes investor owned, municipal, and co-op energy providers in major metropolitan areas around the world, as well as in rural and remote or off-grid environments. The discussions will also be particularly relevant to Microgrid project developers and commercial or industrial end users who are planning a deployment or looking to optimize their current systems. Energy providers in the developing world who seek to make power accessibility a reality to local populations will also benefit greatly from the Summit. Finally, networking and information sharing will be of key interest to regulators, public policy professionals, technology developers, system integrators, investors, urban planners, and others who wish to understand the potential and challenges currently surrounding Microgrid systems.
Opportunities to Participate
Industry professionals who are interested in speaking, exhibiting, or sponsoring the Global Summit are invited to contact us for full information.
- Will Decker
949.824.7302 Ext. 11-130
- Alyssa Way
949.824.7302 Ext. 11-131